AXM’s aim is to have a positive impact on the people, cultures and communities in which it operates. AXM will be respectful of local and indigenous people, their values, traditions, culture and the environment. The Company will also:
- strive to ensure that surrounding communities are informed of, and where possible, involved in, developments which affect them, throughout the life cycle of our operations.
- undertake social investment initiatives in the areas of need where we can make a practical and meaningful contribution. In particular, we will contribute to those areas of education and health care which are relevant to our business activities, and those most likely to be sustainable once our operations have come to a conclusion in that community.
- encourage its employees to make themselves available for participatory and leadership roles in community activities.
- seek to acquire and use land in a way which promotes the broadest possible consensus amongst interested people.
- strive to contribute to the sustainable economic development of host communities through procurement activities; the contribution of redundant assets to the community; assistance in the establishment and growth of small to medium sized sustainable enterprises; and the outsourcing of goods and services from local vendors where appropriate.